Error Messages: "Server (URL) connection timeout", "Check playlist URL" or "No playlist uploaded"
If you see one of these error messages when using the Smart IPTV App, try the following:
- Keep in mind that the Smart TV App does not include any channels or channel packages. Make sure you have a paid subscription linked to the app. You can purchase one here: https://franqie.com/subscriptions/
- Make sure your m3u link is working. You can do this by using a free app like VLC on your computer, phone, or tablet. You can also test your link on franqie.com here: https://franqie.com/feed2/. If it works, you’ll see information about the number of channels you have and the expiration date. If not, you’ll see an error message.
- Check whether Smart IPTV’s example test list works: http://siptv.eu/lists/example.m3u
- Try downloading your playlist file and using it as a static playlist on the My list page. You can do this by copying and pasting your m3u link into a browser.
- If you get the Check playlist URL error message, try turning your device off for about a minute to clear the cache.
- If you have a Samsung TV, try resetting Smart HUB or turning your TV on and back on again.
- Try reducing your playlist size by removing channels or movies (particularly if you have an LM series LG TV with limited memory). If your playlist is too big (~5 MB or larger) it will not save to the TV’s memory.
If your playlist still doesn't appear on TV or disappears after restart:
- Try checking Save online box, when uploading the playlist (see below)
- Try setting Region to Various (see below)
Finally, when you’re uploading an m3u link, it is generally good practice to delete any playlists saved to the MAC address you’ll be using, and then add the m3u link you want to use. See below: